Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup is a user-friendly, easy and quick process that you can accomplish by following the process given below.
- Netgear Genie: Netgear Genie is an interface that helps you to perform the Netgear Extender installation process. This application works both with PC and Mac devices. Using this application, it will become easy for you to monitor your router as well as an extender and control them. Along with this, you can repair your network connection from your system.
- Dead Zones: Dead Zone is an area near your WiFi network that does not receive the network connection. Generally, due to range issues and radio interference, WiFi networks don’t work in these areas.
- SSID: SSID stands for Service Set Identifier. This is the Network Name that you provide while setting up a wireless network. SSID helps you to distinguish your network from others and makes it easy for you to connect to your network.
- WPS: WiFi Protected Setup is a full form of WPS. WPS is a method for connecting to a secure network without choosing the network name and entering the password. This will directly connect you to the network just by pressing a button or entering the PIN.
- Mywifiext.net: This is a web address that directs the user to the Netgear WiFi Extenders settings portal.
- Factory Reset: Factory Reset is a process that will change all the settings to the original ones. In the case of Netgear, on resetting your extender or router, all the settings or information you have added will get deleted and will get changed to the default one.
Netgear WiFi extender setup via WPS
Most of the Netgear routers come up with the WPS button. If your router has the button, then you can perform the procedure mentioned below. WPS is an easy and quick method that helps users in establishing a steady connection. For this, you are provided with the two options. One is to use the physical WPS button from your Netgear router and the other is to provide the WPS Pin. Below are the procedures for the same.
Via WPS Button
- Plugin the Netgear extender to the power outlet and turn it on.
- Now, go to your Netgear extender and look for the WPS button. Once you get the button, press it.
- Then, press and hold the WPS button from your router.
- Make sure the LED from both router and Netgear extender will lit.
- After that, disconnect your extender from the electric socket and move it to the new location. The new location must be halfway between your WiFi router and the dead zone.
- Check the LED lights from your extender. They must turn green.
Note: If the LED lights turn red instead of green, then you need to move your extender again and take it closer to the router.
- Once you are done, you can connect your system with the Netgear extended network.
Using WPS Pin
- Initiate the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup via WPS Pin by opening a web browser of your choice.
- Now, input valid URL i.e. “mywifiext.net” in the address field and press the Enter key.
- If redirected to the Netgear Extender window, then sign-in to your account or create a new one, as per your preference. However, if this window doesn’t appear then enter default login credentials.
- In the wireless network status window, click the “Settings” option.
- Then, click “Do More” followed by “Connect Devices”.
- By doing so, you will reach the Connect Device (WPS) webpage.
- Choose the “Pin Number” option and then provide the WPS Pin in the required field.
Note: To find the WPS Pin you have to turn your Netgear router downwards. You will find your WPS pin along with the MAC address and serial number there.
- At last, click the “Next” tab.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Manual Netgear WiFi extender setup
Another method that users can opt for performing the setup process is via National Installation Assistant. In order to do so, set up your Netgear extender> Connect your extender to computer> Open an internet browser> Type “mywifiext.net”> Click “New Extender Setup”> Sign In or Create an account.
This will show you the list of available networks. Now, select your preferred network> Click “Next”> Enter WiFi password> Click “Next”> Change SSID and password of extended network> Click “Next”.