Netgear Genie is an official application developed by Netgear for all users to manage and monitor the Netgear routers. Through the help of this application, the user quickly repairs their home network. Simultaneously, the Netgear Genie app enables the users to access the cool features on their router without having to boot up their system. It allows the users to manage the following features: Wireless settings, Live Parental Control, Traffic Metering, Network Map, My media, and more. The user must have their tablet or smartphone and the Netgear Genie application.
With the help of the Netgear Genie, the extender installation has become easier than ever. This application offers step by step installation procedure to install and configure a new Wi-Fi range extender. Furthermore, it is the easiest way to accomplish the Netgear Extender installation procedure. So, we have here penned the process for all users through which they can quickly complete the Netgear extender setup procedure in a hassle-free manner.
Netgear Genie Features
Along with the setup procedure, we have also discussed the features of the Netgear Genie application for all users. So, let’s check the features of the application.
This feature enables users to monitor internet usage. It means that the user can quickly check how much data is used to upload and download daily, weekly, and monthly.
It allows users to protect their kids from the internet’s unsavory elements by filtering what they can and cannot access.
It enables the users to check which devices are connected to their network and informs them if a new device connects.
Fix Internet Connection
The Netgear Genie application is capable of diagnosing and automatically resolving any common internet connection problems. The user can do it all with one click.
This feature allows all iOS users to easily print through one click. Also this application support the AirPrint capability.
This feature makes it easy and straightforward to personalize their network by changing the SSID, password, and other settings.
Netgear Extender Setup procedure
Netgear Genie application has a user-friendly interface and has made the extender setup process a lot easier. This application provides users with easy and simple instructions to complete the range extender’s registration and setup. The users only have to follow the instructions in the same order as mentioned in the application. Furthermore, the steps for the setup are mentioned below:
- First of all, turn ON the extender and the system.
- After this, with the help of the extender’s SSID, connect the router to the extender.
- Now from the list of the available networks, select the name of the extender.
- If there is security enabled on the device, enter the password in the required field.
- From the list of the bands, select 5 GHz and press the “Continue” option.
- Now on the Genie setup page, the user will be asked to change the range extender’s default settings.
- If the user doesn’t have to change, then proceed further to the next step.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Note: Before closing the window, carefully check the settings.
- After this, connect the Netgear Extender again and try to access the internet now.
- Then close the Netgear page by clicking on the “Finish” option.
So, these were the steps required to set up the Netgear Genie application. If any user fails to accomplish the setup procedure, please feel free to ask for help from the experts.