The Netgear EX7000 is a perfect extender that helps users boost the range of their existing network. It works great with any standard Wi-Fi router. Also, it is best for online gaming and HD video streaming. Moreover, its 800 MHz dual-core processor provides an excellent wireless performance.
The Netgear EX7000 boosts the existing Wi-Fi network range and eliminates the dead zones in the home or workplace. So to get an uninterrupted internet connection, the users are suggested to switch to Netgear EX7000 extender. Therefore, for all users, we’ve here discussed the steps regarding Netgear EX7000 setup.
Netgear EX7000 Extender Setup Procedure
The users can configure the Netgear EX7000 Extender to improve the range of the existing wireless network. Hence for all users, we’ve discussed how they can easily accomplish the setup procedure. So, go through the detailed information penned below and complete the setup procedure.
Using Netgear Installation Assistant
The users can perform the setup process via Netgear installation assistant.
- Firstly turn the Netgear Extender “ON.”
- After that, the users are suggested to place the extender close to the Wi-Fi router.
- Then wait for the power LED to turn green.
- Now connect the router to the Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 extender.
- After this, open the web browser on the mobile device or the computer system.
- Then in the search bar, enter “www.mywifiext.net.”
- Now the Netgear Installation assistant will display.
- After this, follow the on-screen instructions to connect the extender to the existing Wi-Fi network.
- Now place the extender in a new location.
- If there is no connection or poor connection, then place the extender closer to the router and then try again till the Link Status LED glows white.
- Now place the extender to the best location and then connect the devices to the extended Wi-Fi network.
If the problem persists the same, get in touch with the experts to eliminate the issue.
Using WPS Button
Perform the following steps to setup Netgear EX7000 Extender via the WPS button.
- Turn “ON” the Netgear EX7000 extender.
- After this, keep the extender and the Wi-Fi router in the same room.
- Then wait till the LED on the Netgear Extender turns green.
- Now the users are suggested to press the WPS button on the Netgear EX7000 extender.
- If the extender’s link status LED glows white, it indicates that the router and the extender’s connection is good.
- Now feel free to keep the extender to a new location.
- Then take the Wi-Fi enabled system or mobile device to the location with a poor or dead zone Wi-Fi router coverage.
- After this, connect the Wi-Fi-enabled mobile or system to the extended network.
So this is how the user can accomplish the Netgear EX7000 setup procedure via the WPS button. If any user faces an issue should speak with the professionals.
Common issues with Netgear EX7000
Following mentioned below are the common issues of Netgear EX7000.
- Unstable light issue
- Netgear Firmware update issue
- Issue with accessing the IP address.
- Not able to login Netgear Extender EX7000
- Incorrect Wifiext password
- Issue with Wi-Fi connectivity
- Not able to connect to mywifiext.local.
- Problem related to MAC address filtering
Following mentioned are some of the issues that the user encounters while performing the Netgear EX7000 Setup. However, the users who face the problem with the Netgear Extender Setup should ask for assistance from the experts.