Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup
Your Netgear WiFi Extender Setup process is easy on any of your devices. If you are router device supports the WPS method then you have to follow this procedure.
- Start the process by unboxing your product and align all its attachments.
- Plugin your product to a power socket.
- Your WiFi Extender should be plugged into the same room as your router device in the initial step. This is done in order to make the connection part smoother.
- To start the process of connecting your device to your router, look for the WPS button.
- This button will either be on the front or back of your router, depending basically upon the model of your router. You can refer to the user manual of the product too in case you need to find this button.
- Once you know where the WPS button is, press and hold this button for a few seconds in order to turn on the WPS Mode.
- Besides the WPS button, your router has a WPS LED. This light basically indicates the status of the connection of your WiFi Extender to the router.
- This will turn solid green when the router has been successfully connected to your device.
- Now you need to verify if your router supports the 5GHz band or not. If it does, and you are willing to extend it, you have to repeat the WPS process one more time.
- Your device is ready, and can now be relocated to a new location. Take your router to this new location and plug it there once again.
- The new location that you choose needs to be halfway from both your router and the device you wish to connect.
- This new location needs to be within the reach of your WiFi Router.
- You have to wait till the time the WiFi extender is properly on.
- The Router link LED that is present on your WiFi Extender will tell you the status of your connection with the router.
- This light will turn amber or green when you have found an ideal location for your router.
- If it is still red, try shifting the device more towards the range of the router.
- This can amplify the WiFi Extender’s connectivity with the router.
- Once the WiFi extender is successfully moved to a new location. Take up a device.
- Next, you have to connect this device, the user and password are the same as your existing router. However, to distinguish it will add “_2GEXT” or “5GEXT” to the existing name of your router.
- Connect a mobile device, with the WiFi Extender device.
- Now, take this device to a place that was a dead zone earlier.
- Once your device is connected you need to take it to a zone that was dead earlier.
- Verify the Client Link LED.
- If it is Amber or Green your WiFi network has been properly extended.
You are now ready to enjoy seamless network connectivity.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup via Netgear Installation Assistant
The initial part of plugging in your device is similar, the difference in the procedure becomes after you plug in your device. If you do not find the WPS button or your Router does not support WPS, then follow these steps.
- On the lack of the WPS button, you have to start with connecting your device to a laptop or PC.
- You can opt for a wired connection. For this, you need to use an ethernet cable and connect the ethernet port on the WiFi extender to the port on your computer.
- Or you have the option of wireless connection, provided your device supports WiFi connection. Open the connection manager and locate and connect to the WiFi extender network called “NETGEAR_EXT”.
- From either of the methods, when your device is connected, you will see that the Client Link LED will turn amber or green.
- Now on your connected device open a web browser.
- You now have to visit the official site of your WiFi Extender.
- The New Extender Setup page will appear on your screen.
- Click the “New WiFi Extender Setup” button a “Create Account” form opens up.
- Now, you need to enter the fields and click the “Next” icon.
- Ensure that the Access point/extender switch is set to the extender and click the continue icon.
- From the list of available connections that you now see, click the router’s WiFi network that you need to extend.
- Now click the “Next” button.
- You are now asked to choose the network band that you wish to expand.
- If you want both the networks to be extended then select the checkbox against both the WiFi network bands.
- Now you are required to provide the router’s existing WiFi network password and click the “Next” button.
- Set the network name (SSID) and password for your WiFi extender and click the “Next” button.
- It will be easier if you enable the One WiFi Name feature. This will permit the extender to use the same SSID and password as your existing router.
- Wait for the page to display a list of new extender WiFi networks, which might take some time.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled device, to the new extender WiFi network with the help of SSID and password that you created. If you enabled One WiFi Name, connect to your router’s WiFi name and password.
- Make sure that your WiFi-enabled device is successfully connected before you click the “Continue” icon.
- Click the “Continue” icon.
- The message that displays confirms that your WiFi extender is ready.
- Now you can move your device and check the connectivity just the same way as explained in the above procedure.
This brings the process of Netgear WiFi Extender Setup.