Netgear Router Setup
Your Netgear Router device comes with a lot of benefits. These benefits generally include seamless connectivity, better connection, and impeccable range. However the most prominent of it all is the ease of setup. The Netgear Router Setup is an easy method and can be done using any of your devices. Let’s have a look at the procedure for it below.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Router Setup Using your Mobile Device
Netgear has a precisely dedicated app that helps in setup, installation, and usage of your Netgear devices. You can now set up your router device using your Mobile in the following manner.
- For this process, you first have to Unbox your device.
- After unboxing align the antennas in the correct manner as per your router device specifications.
- Now you have to connect the Internet port to your router. For this, take the ethernet cable from your cable modem or DSL and Plug it into the internet port of your router.
- The next step is to provide power access to your router. Take the power cable of your router and plug it into the wall socket.
- Allow a few seconds for the Wi-Fi LED lights to adjust to normal.
- Now take up a mobile device.
- Go to the “Google Playstore” or “Apple App Store” as per the operating system supported by your device.
- Now in the search bar, you have to type “Nighthawk” and click the search icon. This app is meant for free download and installation.
- After you click on the icon of the Nighthawk app, you are taken to a detailed description of this app. Here, in the middle of the screen, you will see an “Install” icon. Click on this Icon.
- On clicking, the download process for the app will start. After Downloading, the app will install on your device automatically.
- Now open the app, the first option that you see prompts you to Log in to your Netgear Account.
- In case you are an existing user of a Netgear Account, you need to log in to your account. To log in, tap on the “Log In” icon and then enter your username and password when prompted to.
- Else, you have to create a new account. For this, click on the “Create an Account” Icon and you will be taken to a form where you need to enter the required details.
- The next step is to connect your router to this app. The Nighthawk app having the latest version supports two methods for connecting to your router.
- The First method is to connect your device manually. To do that, click on the “Connect Manually” icon on the window that asks you to connect to the router. After that, you have to reboot your router as per the instructions appearing on your screen. Consequently, you reach a list of available Wi-Fi networks. From this list, find your device name and connect using the default passcode
- The other option is to scan the bar code assigned to your router. For this, select the “Enable Camera and Scan” option. As a result, your camera will open in the next window. You now have to point the camera at the QR code. Look for this QR code on the back or bottom of your Netgear product.
- With either of the methods, you are now successfully connected to your router.
- Now the app will help you to personalize your Wi-Fi settings.
- The final step in this process is to check for firmware updates.
- In case you see any updates available, you can install them to make your device functionality better.
- After the update is over your device is ready to use.
- This concludes the Netgear Router Setup.
Let’s have a look at the process for the other method of Netgear Router Setup.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear Router Setup Using your Computer
The Netgear Router Setup procedure is very simple through your PC or Laptop also. The difference in procedure begins after you have unboxed your product and connected it to power and internet supply. Read the further procedure below.
- You now have to connect your laptop to your device, which has 2 methods.
- Either you can do it via a cable to connect, or you can connect it wirelessly, via the default credentials. (The back panel or the bottom panel of your laptop or PC has a description of the preset wireless settings of your Netgear router).
- For a wireless connection, Open the Wi-Fi connection manager on your PC.
- Provide the Default SSID Or Wi-Fi network name and passcode.
- Click the connect button and your device is connected to your router.
- Now open the web browser on your computer device.
- When your browser window opens you will see the Netgear Genie window pop up.
- In case the Netgear Genie fails to appear, click the address bar and type www.routerlogin.net and press the enter key.
- Now you have to log in to your account, for this, enter the default username as “admin” and the default password is “password”. Then click the “Sign-In” Icon.
- Next, the Netgear Genie will start configuring your device. This might take a few seconds.
- After the configuration is done. The “Congratulations” window appears on your screen.
- Click “Take me to the Internet” icon to affirm that your connection is successful.
- You now need to close all tabs and open your web browser once again.
- Once again login to your account, using the default username and password only.
- Now, you are ready to use your account and you can also modify all settings related to your router device.
With this, the Netgear Router Setup process concludes. You can further login to modify the settings of your router from time to time.