Netgear Router Setup
In the era of growing technology, life seems impossible without a good internet connection. It becomes important to find a perfect router so that you can enjoy seamless connectivity. Netgear routers are one of the best routers in the market as they offer their users with the best connectivity. Their strong and steady signals help the users to enjoy buffering free experience. From the internet suffering to HD Streaming to Gaming, these routers are designed with all the features to fulfill the needs of different individuals. This makes the Netgear routers a standout product in the market.
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE
Configure Your Netgear Router
For enjoying all the premium features of Netgear, you first have to go through the Netgear router setup procedure. This will help you to enhance your router usage experience. Below are the two methods that are available to you for setting up your Netgear router. Follow the given methods carefully and step by step for the error-free Netgear Router Setup.
Setup via PC or Laptop:
For manual setup i.e. Netgear Router Setup through a PC, you first have to complete the hardware setup your Netgear router and connect it to your PC and modem. After that, you need to visit the router login window and sign in to your account. In your account, you have to look for the “Advanced” tab and click it. It will display a list of options. Select the “Setup Wizard” option followed by clicking the “Yes” button. At last, click “Next”. Thereafter, you can change the settings or details of your Netgear router, as per your preference.
Netgear Router Setup using Mobile device:
For escalating the user experience, you can use your mobile device and set up your Netgear router simply by downloading and installing the application. Nighthawk is the application that will help you to perform the Netgear Router Setup and manage your router through your Android and iOS devices. You just need to install the app and follow the on-screen instructions for accessing your MyNetgear account and Netgear router account. Along with this, you need to connect your router to your device and personalize your settings.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Description of Your Netgear Router
Understanding the Netgear router is a must for the effective Netgear Router Setup. This will help you to make the best use of your router. Following is the information about the different lights and ports that are available on your router.
- Power light
- Internet: Tells about routers communication with the internet.
- Wireless: Informs about the Wireless port.
- LAN: Indicates the connection of the router with computing devices.
- Factory Reset Button: Helps you to delete all the settings and brings them back to default.
- 4 Ethernet ports: For connecting to the computer and laptops.
- Internet Port: To connect the router with the modem.
- Power Adaptor port.
How to change SSID and Passphrase of Netgear Wireless Network?
For an extra layer of security, you are suggested to change the SSID and security key of your wireless connection. This will help you in protecting your connection from unauthorized access. You can change the credentials after you are done with the Netgear router setup. The process for changing the credentials is given below.
- Connect your computer, modem, and Netgear router altogether.
- Then, navigate to the router login window by opening a web browser and entering “routerlogin.net” or “routerlogin.com” in the address bar.
- Now, enter the default credentials that are printed at the bottom of the router. This is needed for signing in to your router account.
- By doing so, either you will get the Netgear Genie webpage or Netgear Smart Wizard webpage.
- On getting Netgear Genie webpage:
Click the “Advanced” option followed by “Setup”. Under the setup category, click “Wireless Setup”. In the next window, you will get the desired field for changing the SSID and Passphrase. Click “Apply” to save the changes.
- If Netgear Smart Wizard window appears:
Hit the “Wireless Setup” option which is provided under the Setup category. Then, you can enter the new SSID for your network along with the password. After making the changes, tap the “Apply” button.