Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Extender Setup
via WPS Method
The WPS method can only be conducted if your Router device supports it. In case it does, then follow the below-given procedure.
- Unbox your WiFi extender carefully, and align all of its attachments accordingly.
- Now using the power cable connect your WiFi extender to the power socket.
- For the smooth completion of this process, we usually recommend that you place the Wi-Fi Extender and the router at the same place.
- Since you have already checked that your device supports a WPS method, then locate the WPS button on your device.
- To find this WPS button, look at the front or back panel of your router device. You can also refer to the user manual that came with your WiFi router.
- After locating the WPS button, on your device, press and hold for a few seconds to turn it on.
- Your Wi-Fi Extender device has a WPS LED, this light indicates the connection of your Wi-Fi Extender to the router.
- When the Router has successfully been connected to your Wi-Fi Extender, the WPS LED on your Wi-Fi Extender turns solid green.
- Now you need to verify whether your Router device supports the 5GHz band. In case it does, and you are willing to extend it, you need to repeat the WPS process one more time.
- Now, disconnect the extender device from its current location and move it to a new location.
- It will be better if this new location is halfway from both your Router and the device that you choose to connect.
- Keep in mind that this location should be within the reach of your Wi-Fi Router.
- After you plug in the device to this new location turn the power on.
- Now give some time to the extender to switch on properly.
- Now you have to first check the Router link LED. It will tell you the status of your connection with the router.
- When the light is amber or green it indicates a successful connection. This means you have found an ideal location for your extender.
- Alternatively, you have to try shifting the device more towards the range of the router if the light is still red in color. This will make sure that your connectivity with the router is not hampered.
- Now take a device that you wish to connect to your extender’s network and place it close to your Extender device.
- Trying connecting it to the network of your extender. For this remember that the extender uses the existing name of your Wi-Fi but it will add “_2GEXT” or “_5GEXT” in the end.
- Next to the extender name in the available connection list, find the connect icon. You are now asked to enter your password.
- You need to use the same password that you use for your router. Also for further use, don’t forget to choose the auto-connect option.
- Next, you need to connect a mobile device with the Wi-Fi Extender network.
- Now move this device to a previously dead zone.
- Once your devices are connected and placed in the dead zone, get back to your Wi-Fi Extender.
- Check the Client Link LED. When it will turn green, or amber in color, you get a signal that your network connection has been extended properly.
Your Netgear Extender Setup is now done and your device is ready to use.
Netgear Extender Setup via Netgear Installation Assistant
For an easily accessible Mywifiext.net Login, you can follow the following steps.
- Switch on your computer or laptop and connect it to your extender’s network. (Generally, you must maintain two different usernames and passwords for your router and extender).
- Now you have to open a web browser and type “mywifiext.net” into the address field of your web browser.
- On the other hand, the IP address of your Wi-Fi Extender can also come handy in such a case.
- The Internet Protocol or IP address is a unique series of values that are separated by periods. You can find the IP Address of your extender in the Instruction Booklet.
- When you press the enter key, and you now reach the home page of the site.
- Find the “Sign In” icon here and a login page will be displayed.
- This page requires your user credentials or the admin username or password, enter them.
- There might be a chance that you have forgotten your username or password. You can opt for either “Password Recovery” or “Factory Reset” your device. (Read about them in detail below).
- When you enter your Username and password correctly you are ready to use your Mywifiext.net Login.
- Here you can modify your settings and personalize your extender appearance.
However, forgetting your username and password details is quite common. If you too, have forgotten you need not worry, you can use these alternative methods.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Alternative methods of Mywifiext.net Login
For any of the methods that you opt for, you need to first unbox your extender and plug it into a power socket the same way. The only difference in the procedure of Netgear Extender Setup is based on the way you connect the Router and the WiFi extender. In case your router does not support WPS you have to opt for Netgear Installation Assistant. In such a case, you need to follow these steps.
- After you don’t find the WPS button, you can opt for this method. For this, you have to first connect your device such as a laptop or PC to the extender. This is generally by two methods, either by using a wired Ethernet or WiFi connection.
- To use an Ethernet cable you have to connect the Ethernet port on the WiFi extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Or you can go for the WiFi method to connect. On your WiFi-enabled device, open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to the WiFi extender network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once the connection with your WiFi-enabled device is established, the Client Link LED will turn amber or green.
- Open a web browser, on your device.
- Visit the Official Site of your WiFi Extender.
- The New Netgear Extender Setup page now displays.
- As soon as you click the “New Netgear Extender Setup” button; a “Create Account” form opens up.
- Fill the Field and click the “Next” icon.
- Position the Access Point/Extender switch to Extender and then click the Continue icon.
- Select the network of your router that you wish to extend and then, click the “Next” button.
- In case, you do not wish to extend both WiFi bands, clear the 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks or the 5 GHz WiFi Networks checkbox.
- In the field for Password, type the router’s existing WiFi network password and click the “Next” button.
- Now, you are required to set the network name(SSID) and password for your Wi-Fi Extender. After that, click on the “Next” tab which is located at the bottom of the page.
- It will easier if you enable the One WiFi Name feature. This will access the extender to use the same SSID and password as your existing router.
- Wait for the page to display a list of new extender WiFi networks, which might take some time.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled device, to the new extender WiFi network with the help of SSID and password that you created. If you enabled One WiFi Name, connect to your router’s WiFi name and password.
- Make sure that your WiFi-enabled device is successfully connected before you click the “Continue” icon.
- Click the “Continue” icon.
- You will see a new screen now that confirms your successful connection.
- Now you can move your device and check the connectivity just the same way that is mentioned above.
This concludes the process of Netgear Extender Setup. You can now enjoy your WiFi Network with seamless internet speed.